Sunday, October 26, 2008

Books I didn't finish

The Disease Detectives: Deadly Medical Mysteries and the People who Solved Them, by Gerald Astor. This is the kind of thing I absolutely love in a nonfiction, so when I saw it on the shelf, I grabbed it, despite the fact it looked a bit old and worn; I figured everyone loved it. The truth is that it circulated once last year. This book is nearly as old as I am (1983) and all its new and exciting disease are not so new or exciting any more. So I quit. Soul Made Flesh: The Discovery of the Brain-- and How it Changed the World, by Carl Zimmer. I might try this again later, but I wasn't quite up for this. Like The Colony, this had tons of people, since it is a history, and it was difficult to keep them straight, especially since the author jumps around in the time line a bit, which only served to confuse me further.

No comments: