Friday, February 13, 2009

Fantastic.

Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd, edited by Holly Black and Cecil Castellucci. (advance reading copy. Look for the hardcover in Aug. 2009.) I've never enjoyed a short story collection before, so this was a pleasantly interesting experience. The first two stories were most definitely my favorite, but many of the others were also quite good (a few were not). I do think the order needs to be reconsidered before publication-- the first two definitely set a tone that was not shared by any of the other stories. I do think the editors did a great job of picking all kinds of geeks and nerds, not just one genre or species of them (us). Most of the art/cartoons weren't in yet, and the few that I did get to see didn't make any sense to me, so hopefully the rest will be rather better. Definitely check it out when it comes out!

No comments: