Thursday, June 24, 2010

I don't think I'm making 2 a week.

 I'm going to blame my lessened reading on the TV.  We took it out of the second bedroom, which we are preparing for our soon-to-be-son, but we didn't want it to be in the family room, where it might become a focal point; we don't want to be that kind of family.  But it's a small apartment, so the only place left was our bedroom.  Now, instead of reading for a full hour before bed, I geek out and watch an episode of Star Trek: Voyager (borrowed on DVD from my library, of course). 
We completed everything for our adoption and home study paperwork, so that is no longer a significant consumer of my time, but now there are other pre-toddler things keeping me busy, like re-learning nursery rhymes and looking up consumer reports information on booster seats and nightlights. 

Jingo and The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett.  These editions continue to have surface errors (missing open quotation marks, work substitutions, etc.), but I'm having a good time. 

Also, I wonder if anyone else using blogger is experiencing this or if it's just me: I'm getting spam comments.  A few months ago, it was just "................................." with each period a separate link to a different site.  (I've never clicked on one to see what I might find; I'm afraid.)  When I used my comment moderation abilities to not allow those "comments" to go through, I started receiving comments like "so great essay!!..............." and such.  Yeah, that is so not happening.  I'm going to look in to ways to keep these from coming through to me; we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

Enjoy the tv while you can. There may be some dimunition of your brain power that will go away in about twelve years! My daughter (who is almost 17) never saw tv until she was two. We both had the flu (and I was pregnant), so I turned on a PBS special on bat guano. She was enthralled and couldn't believe that the pictures were moving. Even today, my children only get a half hour of screen time. Good for you! It can work!