Sunday, October 30, 2011

well, well, well

It has been a busy week.  Last Friday (10/21) I was out at 8th grade all day-- the first time the library has been to 8th grade in years (reviews here and here).  Saturday I worked all day; Sunday I traveled all day for an all-day interview on Monday; Tuesday was fly-back day for another 15 hours of fun; Wednesday, back to the schools for 7th grade all day; Thursday was a closing shift with extra desk time plus it turned out to be rumor-day; and Friday, I got fired.  As the glorified grief counselors they brought in put it, we-- all 19 of us-- were unfortunate casualties of workforce reduction.  That was quite the week.  Here's hoping that job I interviewed for comes through, but hit me up if your library has an opening, just in case.


Before all this started, one more book I read and discarded as not good enough for school:


Teen, Inc., by Stefan Petrucha.  This sounds interesting, but the main character has said "ass" about 15 times in the first few pages, which makes me dubious of the language further into the book.  I don't have time to waste on books I'll not be able to take.  This would probably be fine for a slightly older crowd.

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

Uh oh. A 6th grade language arts teacher and I push Teen Inc. All the time. Now we might have a reason the children really seem to like it. I don't think it gets any worse!