Saturday, October 03, 2015

TBR from PNBA

The very short list I'm prioritizing.  Whether or how many I actually get to... I've already started to new book by Bee Wilson and loving it. 

The Triumph of Seeds (nf) by Thor Hanson.

The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac by Sharna Shields.  Well, I was interested in this, but in googling the title on my phone to find the author name (rather than dig through my program), I see at least one obviously and pretty negative review.  Now I'm not sure what I want.

The Girl Who Wrote in Silk by Kelli Estes.

The Passenger by Lisa Lutz.

The Corpse With the Diamond Hand (series entry; author says you can start mid-series, but I'm more likely to start with the first title, whatever that may be) by Cathy Ace.  I ate lunch with this author and she is an utter delight.  She is excited to Skype with book groups.  Your peeps will love to listen just for her accent and sass.

Before the Wind by Jim Lynch.

Need the Frank Einstein series (Jon Scieszka) for the boy.  I'm so out of touch with Juv fiction.

Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz. I don't think I've ever read anything by this author, under any of her names, but this is a stand-alone.

Ancient Places by Jack Nisbet.  I was also reminded of his earlier nf, The Collector, which I checked out but didn't get to about a year ago.

I had-- and purposely passed up-- the opportunity to pick up a nf/memoir(?) by Felicia Day, You're Never Weird on the Internet.  I saw it, revved up my geekiness, flipped through it, and put it right back down.  She uses all-caps to add emphasis... about twice per paragraph.  Why did no one tell her?  I cannot handle that.

If I were still in YA, I would be really excited about Richelle Mead's stand-alone, Soundless.

No comments: