Sunday, October 08, 2017

Re(ad)treat wrap up

To wrap up, first, stats and such

2016
I called my final count 8 books:
GN: 2
Audio: 2
novel: 2
partial novel: 1
novella: 1

2017
I think I can call this 8 as well:
GN: 2
Partial audio: 2
novel: 3
partial novel: 1

Kitsap Memorial State Park:  I've never reserved a State Park cabin before; it was more spacious than anticipated and the heater kept it nice and warm.  However, for how much it cost, I can't recommend it.  A mid-week off-season hotel in Ocean Shores can be found for a similar price (and even less!) and would include a number of nice things the cabin lacks: running water, adjacent bathroom, cleaning.  The cabin was not cleaned between users, the bathrooms had obviously not been cleaned in days, and they were not cleaned all weekend. There wasn't a view of the water, nor the mountains, or anything except the playfield (see photo below), which you'd have a decent chance of getting on the coast.  It's nice to have a firepit, but I was barely able to use it for the rain.


The rest of the campground was nice enough.  The tent camping spaces all seemed small, but there were long and narrow with actual forest between spots, so there would be a nice amount of privacy.  Unfortunately, they are all back off the water, so they probably get muggy.

I've gone back through my phone-posted ...posts... and fixed errors, added photos, and tacked on tags.

No comments: