Friday, July 27, 2018

2019 Re(ad)treat

Wednesday afternoon, I was looking at my calendar, trying to sort out my weekend.  The boys were going to leave on Friday afternoon, on their way to Enumclaw for the Clan Gathering Saturday, and I'd be all on my own until at least Sunday afternoon.  What to do with myself.

It's just enough time for 2019's Re(ad)treat, which I had yet to plan!  It means I'm taking it at home instead of camping, but since I'm alone, I think it'll work out. And it's less planning time than I like to give myself for an undertaking of this magnitude, but I think I have enough books to keep me busy.

Started at 6:30pm precisely.  One book now down.

Too Wilde to wed by Eloisa James. This female main character was a little more empty-headed, but still likable.  The tension in the relationship (mostly) comes from outside/interpersonal stressors, not a few easily-cleared-up misunderstandings.  The solution seemed a little obvious, and in general the characters seemed more disorganized-- both in that they are disorganized people and that their motives were more whimsical and less planned.  Still top of my list for romance.

No comments: