Friday, May 24, 2019

Qs and randoms

Queen Emma and the Vikings by Harriet O'Brien.  I didn't actually finish this book.  Although it had a lot of good information, it was poorly organized, which made it difficult to understand.

Quidditch through the ages by Kennilworthy Whisp (J.K. Rowling).  This history of quidditch was not as exciting as I expected.  Reading about a specific match is much more interesting than just reading about the game in general.  Well presented, however, and well organized.  Not much else to say, as its such a tiny book.

I don't know why these next were out of order, but I spotted them at the back of my journal.  Cleaning up, little by little.

The children of men by P.D. James.  [I apparently couldn't decide what to say, as the entry is blank.  I read it though, and I still think about it from time to time, particularly when doing Readers Advisory.]

2001: A space odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke.  I enjoyed this book very much.   It relies hardly at all on sensationalism and described actions, and very much relies on theories and possibilities.  It is a relief to read, and enjoyable.

Gravity by Tess Gerritsen.  I wasn't terribly impressed with this book.  There wasnt anything very memorable about it: the plot was similar to most others of its type.

No comments: