Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a lazy holiday.

Hot Six, by Janet Evanovich. These are not very realistic, and I'm not in love with the main character. But they are a pretty easy read.

Ranger's Apprentice: Book 5: The Sorcerer of the North, by John Flanagan. I feel like each of these is written in a different style, but it could be that I'm confusing them with other similar stories. I'm very disappointed with how this installment "ended." Apparently, I expect too much from writers.

Seven Up and Hard Eight, by Janet Evanovich.  More of the same.

Visions of Sugar Plums, by Janet Evanovich.  One of the "Between the Numbers" books. I am extremely disappointed, but I don't really want to go into it. This adds very little to the story. The minutia you do miss will be rehashed ad naseum in all future sequels anyway, as the author doesn't believe that people can remember basic facts or secondary characters from novel to novel, or possibly that people won't understand her sneaky numbering system and will accidentally read them out of order. What was wrong with how everything was going before? What's with the new twist.

No comments: