Thursday, January 01, 2009

That's a good start.

I read two books today; not the most exciting way to spend New Years Day, but perhaps indicative of my life. It shows I have my priorities straight. 

Lean Mean Thirteen, by Janet Evanovich. These Numbers ones are pretty decent; my big beef with a lot of mysteries is that there are lots of details that don't get followed up on or cleared up in the end; I don't feel that way with these.

Plum Lovin' and Plum Lucky, by Janet Evanovich. I'm disappointed that the author felt the need to jump on the hocus-pocus bandwagon. I also don't like how the family and friend relationships have recently taken a back seat in these books. They were what I liked, way more than this fake bounty hunter crap.

Fish out of Water, by MaryJanice Davidson. I get that the main character is rather abrasive, but, since the book isn't written in first person, I'm not sure why the writing tries to match that style. Reading it makes me uneasy.

Fearless Fourteen, by Janet Evanovich. Ok, done with these! (until the next installment: Plum Spooky due out Jan. 6, and Finger Lickin' Fifteen, not to be seen till this summer.)

No comments: