Thursday, February 26, 2009

And that about does it.

Flight 29 Down: Survival, by Walter Sorrells, adapted from the teleplays by D.J. MacHale, based on the TV series created by D.J. MacHale and Stan Rogow. bleh.

Fearless, by Francine Pascal. This I liked. I'm not sure where it's going yet; there wasn't too much detail in some areas, but it is a pretty long series, so I'll read a few more and see how it goes. So far, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Flight 29 Down: Ten Rules, by Walter Sorrells, etc. This is a prequel. Without the island action, it's even more boring.

Ok, series wrap up: "author" voice tends to fluctuate a bit, since there are so many different writers. In every book, the characters seem to do and say things that a) are unrealistic to children their age, and b) don't fit with their individual characters. In general, it isn't worth the time it took to read them. I was going to see if I could watch the shows and see how they compared, but when I requested it from my public library, the item was suddenly marked "missing." There are three seasons of the shows, and I don't know how they end, but book 7 wasn't really an ending, it's more like they just stopped writing books. Meh.

No comments: