Tuesday, June 02, 2015

BBC medias.

I did a lot of knitting, a lot of frogging, and now some hand-piecing for my very first quilt (!).  So, some media:
(Technically separate but I'll call them the) Spy on the... series, with David Attenborough:  Trek: Spy on the Wildebeest, Bears: Spy in the Woods, and Elephants: Spy in the Herd.
and also Nature's Great Events (6 episodes), with David Attenborough.
These are nice enough.  Mostly I just like listening to David Attenborough while my hands are busy and having pretty nature images to look at when I glance up.

Polar Bear: Spy on the Ice with David Tennant.  Not only a different narrator than the above, but a two-part/two-episode thingy instead of stand-alones.

Death in Paradise with Ben Miller and Sara Martins, Seasons 1 and 2.  I'm delighted that this series goes through several more seasons.  I'm disappointed that I can't find a place to watch them online.  I'm resigned to the fact that, like Primeval, there will be a near-complete turnover of actors/characters.

Mysteries of the Unseen World with Forest Whitaker.  I wouldn't recommend this documentary; I would assume most people are already familiar with most of this content.  If they had expanded, given each topic its own episode or something instead of smushing it all into one 39-minute show, it would have been worthwhile.

No comments: