Monday, June 27, 2016

Netgalley grabs

Wicked intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt.  I read a really good review for this (on Smart Bitches) but the depth of the review makes it almost unnecessary to read the book.  It was fairly enjoyable, although I found the speed with which everyone's problems were mended to be a bit too simple-- the equivalent of having a good cry and being cured of PTSD or something. 

The book also takes time away from the main story to introduce several characters and problems that will make up the rest of the series but didn't much add to this book. 

League of dragons by Naomi Novik.  If you like the series, you'll like this book.  Honestly, I'm glad we're done.  There's a finite number of times the reader can remain engaged by the same basic plot device.  More character growth would have helped the series phenomenally.

Crowned and dangerous by Rhys Bowen.  It seems apparent to me that I skipped one somehow: I can't find a note for Malice at the palace, nor does the description sound particularly familiar.  It affects the reading of this book hardly at all, however.

This was fine, along the lines of what is typical for this series.

No comments: