Sunday, March 26, 2017

326 Challenge: Recap

It turns out that I have no idea how long 300 pages is.  I never look at page numbers.  I had the absurd idea that an adult-level novel, if including all the author notes and acknowledgements, might flirt with 200 pages.  The first book met my challenge, numbers-wise, so I kind of took it easy after Friday noon.  Here's the count:

A closed and common orbit by Becky Chambers: 364.

A different pond by Bao Phi; illustrated by Thi Bui: 31.

Sloshies: 102 boozy cocktails straight from the freezer by Jerry Nevins: 162.

nextwave: agents of H.A.T.E.: This is what they want by Warren Ellis and Stuart Immonen: 44.

Empire made: my search for an outlaw uncle who vanished in British India  by Kief Hillsbery:  Netgalley ebook, haven't formulated firm opinions yet to share.  Currently on page 57; might squeeze in a few pages before lights out, but I won't worry about the numbers.

Weekend total: 658.  I can be satisfied with that.  New plan: come up with better weekend challenges.

No comments: