Sunday, July 29, 2018

2019 Re(ad)treat: 48 hrs + 17 minutes

Unfamiliar fishes by Sarah Vowell; narrated by the author.  I'd like to think I would be good friends with this author, as she's acerbic, but I think she'd get bored: she's so much smarter than me.  There are a great number of historical figures covered in this, even though it doesn't even cover a full century.  History not being my strong suit, I won't take away many specifics, although, between audiobooks and local historical research for work projects, I am developing a better idea of what was going on-- at least in the very western states-- after the Civil War.

I listened to this while doing dishes, hanging up the laundry outside, pruning my roses, and knitting.

The 48 hours is officially up, but I'm still home alone; I might be able to finish that last paperback.

No comments: