Tuesday, July 31, 2018

2019 Re(ad)treat wrap-up

stats and such:

2016
I called my final count 8 books:
GN: 2
Audio: 2
novel: 2
partial novel: 1
novella: 1

2017
GN: 2
Partial audio: 2
novel: 3
partial novel: 1

2018
oo, 8 and 1/2 this year:
GN: 2
Audio: 1
novel: 2 + 1/2 + 1 Juv
picture books: 2


I just (belatedly) finished up The Alpine Advocate by Mary Daheim, which I read fully half of during the Reading Weekend.  I liked this more than I thought I would, for a small-town cozy mystery.  There are a ton of minor characters, too many to keep straight, but I'm sure they become bigger and more defined in future series installments.  I was annoyed because I had (what I thought of as) a pretty good guess as to the who and what, but I was wrong; the answer was one of those out-of-left-field, zero in-text hints so, while it made sense based on the explanation provided after the revelation, it didn't make sense in the story.

No comments: