Tuesday, June 27, 2017

more tags than titles

Wrinkles by Paco Roca.  I read this previously, but I reread it recently for another work purpose related to a program, the details for which have not yet been publicly disclosed.  Shh.  Highly recommended.

Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer by Hannah Elisabeth Lowe.  The author is a patron at my library (not a secret-- she did an author signing!).  Maybe it's a local thing?-- my kid also made a book when he was in second grade.  (His story is full of some kind of robot bug things?  It's still here on the shelf somewhere.)  The public school kids get one copy printed; I assume Hannah's publication is similar.  There isn't much to say about this book-- it's really only of interest to her family and to other children in her age group interested in making a picture book.

I'm including it here because a) I read it, and it's a book, so it counts, and b) I did read it out loud, which is one of the check-boxes on my list, so hurrah.

Boy by ; full cast performance by Sarah Drew, John Getz, Travis Johns, Amy Pietz, Bobby Steggert.  This was way shorter than I anticipated.  It isn't necessarily inappropriate for teens (it's part of the summer Sync downloads program) but I think it mostly would make sense to people peripherally aware of the original book/story it's originally based on.  The dramatization is a little light on background details.

No comments: